Liability Fees and Charges
(As of May 13, 2021)
Please treat our Zap e-bikes as you would your own e-bike.
- Always lock the e-bike securely to an immovable object (bike rack, lamp post etc.), using all of the lock(s) provided by Zap.
- Never leave the e-bike on the street, or other unsecure area, over night
- Ride safely, following Municipal and Provincial law - including wearing a helmet.
- Do not perform stunts, ride roughly or otherwise stress the e-bike beyond normal usage.
- Contact us immediately if you have any questions or concerns.
The Zap Damage & Theft Cover is designed to reduce your risk in case of theft or accidental damage.
[ Coming Soon | Damage & Theft Cover - Note this coverage will come at an additional monthly fee. ]
Damage & Theft Cover: If you have opted in for Damage & Theft Cover, your liability for loss or damage to the electric bicycle will be limited to $350, as long as you are not otherwise in breach of this agreement, you notify Zap within 24 hours of the incident occurring.
If you have not opted in for Damage & Theft Cover and the electric bicycle is damaged, you will be liable to pay Zap the amount required to return the electric bicycle to its pre-rental condition, up to a maximum $2,000, being the replacement value of the electric bicycle. You agree to pay such an amount immediately on demand.
If you have not opted in for Damage & Theft Cover and the electric bicycle is lost or stolen, you will be liable to pay Zap the amount of $2,000, being the replacement value of the electric bicycle, plus any additional costs incurred by Zap incidental to the loss or theft of the electric bicycle, by way of liquidated damages. You agree to pay such an amount immediately on demand.
- 1.PROPERLY LOCKING UP THE E-BIKE to an immovable object (bike stand, lamp post etc..). Do NOT leave the e-bike locked on the street or other unsecure area overnight.
- 2.REMOVING THE BATTERY if it is designed to quick release and/or is locked with a key mechanism.
- 3.TREATING THE E-BIKE AS IF IT WERE YOUR OWN. Excessive wear-and-tear, damage, scratches, bent wheels or other components, lost components, etc.. are all indicators of usage that is not “normal” and will result in fees and/or fines as per the Price List
- 4.REPORTING IMMEDIATELY to Zap if any of the keys for your e-bike's lock or battery have been lost or stolen.
- 2.Further damage that results from riding an e-bike with a problem is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
- 3.Take photos and retrieve any lock parts (i.e. something has been cut), and provide these to Zap
- 4.Get the name, phone number, plate number of any 3rd party involved. Take a photo of driver’s license or other ID. Get their insurance info if a car, truck or motorcycle was involved.
- Most flat tires
- Small scratches, dents etc..
- Wear on components (brakes, gears, frame, seat, racks, motor etc..) from riding the e-bike on paved roads and paths
- Electronic component issues related to regular riding and use, or internal system errors
- Crash damage
- Major scratches, breaks, bends etc..
- Damage through Rider-added Accessories or heavy cargo
- Clear stress on bike
- Attempting to manipulate the system, sensors or technical components IN ANY WAY, including simulating a problem to affect an exchange for a fresh e-bike
- Wear on components due to off-road or stunt riding, negligence or intentional damage
- Water damage from immersion or excess rain exposure
E-bike stolen or damaged beyond safe repair (HST Included):
- $2,000 without Damage & Theft Cover
- $350 with Damage & Theft Cover (with current month Damage & Theft Cover fee paid before incident, and e-bike properly locked)
Battery stolen or Damaged beyond repair (HST Included):
- $300 without Damage & Theft Cover
- $150 with Damage & Theft Cover (with current month Damage & Theft Cover fee paid before incident, and e-bike properly locked)
“Non-normal” Wear-and-Tear Repair & Replacement costs:
- $ 50 Lost lock key (if provided)
- $100 Lost/damaged lock (if provided)
- $75 Lost frame lock or battery key
- $60 Replacement Tire
- $50 Significant wheel truing
- $100 Wheel replacement / rebuild
- $50 Large scratch or paint damage repair
- $100 Lost/damaged battery charger
- $300 Tampering with speed sensor
Other repairs including negligent damage, misuse or neglect, shop labour charged at $50/hr + parts at MSRP
- $25 - Unable to process Credit or Debit Card payment -
- may require an additional deposit of $100 to $500
- Early cancellation of Subscription (after 14 day period)
- Complete subscription term payments + $100 fee
ALL COSTS DO NOT INCLUDE HST unless otherwise noted.